Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Love Spring!

The chant around here today has been: "We love Spring! We love Spring! Yay Spring! Yay Spring! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!" I'm giddy with excitement over the fact that Spring is here! It is far and away my favorite season. And this year I especially appreciate the warmer weather, longer days and signs of new life bursting from the ground! It's been a long, depressing winter in so many ways.

Today was the Easter Eggstravaganza for my MOPS group. It was a fun filled event.

The kids decorated flower pots and dug in the dirt.



There was also a giant kiddie pool filled with rice for the kids to dig through to find prizes.


There was an interactive story time to teach the kids about the death and resurrection of Christ and an egg hunt at the end.


Afterward we decided to have a spur of the moment picnic. It felt so good to have the sun on my face and breathing in the fresh air. The kids were ecstatic! This is the first time we've been to an outdoor playground this year.


Trevor was ecstatic too! (Well, as ecstatic as Trevor can get.) I found these chives that he dug up to eat. He still smells like chives!

Check out the shorts!

Yes, it's just that warm. It's about 75 today. Unfortunately, all of my light weight capris and pants are still in boxes in the garage so I had to walk around in jeans. So much for that! I'm getting them out this afternoon!

Trevor even got in on the playground fun. When Jenna first saw Daddy dangling she put her hands out under him and said she would catch him.

We ended the trip to the park with a walk.


What's not to love about Spring?! As I look at these trees with their faint hues of red and gold I remember my friends and their horrible allergies. So far, that's about the only thing I've found that I don't like about Spring. I'm so thankful that I don't have any allergies, but I know it's very miserable for those who do!

No comments: