(So, is this where I tell you what Ian said after he placed the first flag in the ground? He said, "I think I hit a bone!" No disrespect to our servicemen and women! I just had to share.)
After the event we stopped at one of our new favorite ice cream places - The Ice Cream Cottage. You get one giant scoop of Hershey's ice cream for $1.45! Ian's new favorite is crazy vanilla. It tastes just like vanilla, but it's multi-colored. He's sooo crazy!
Jenna likes it too!
We had a very busy day on Saturday. Ian had his swim lessons at 9:30, then we went to the fishing derby at our church's pond for an hour, then we took Ian to a birthday party at a mini golf place. Here's some pics from the fishing derby! There was a nice guy there that helped Ian learn how to fish. He said that Ian was very attentive and followed directions well. He didn't end up catching anything (other than a branch and a turtle that jumped off the line right before he reeled it in), but he had a good time anyway. I was proud of him for not whining about the fact that he didn't catch anything since it seemed like everyone around him was catching at least one fish. We were also impressed with the patience that he showed as he watched his bobber for nibbles. He might just have that fishing gene in him afterall.
On Sunday we spent the afternoon with good friends grilling meat and hanging out. We took the kids to the park where Jenna spent the entire time swinging! I can hardly blame her. It was incredibly hot in the sun and I'm sure the breeze felt good. I couldn't take much of the heat. It was nice in the shade, but those swings were right out in the sun! I'm sure Karla thought I was a big wimp! She just returned from a year in Bahrain where it gets up to 120 in the summer!
We ended our weekend by going to Sandy Point Beach on Monday. We were originally planning on going to see the new Shrek movie, but when I saw the forecast I thought we should take advantage of the beautiful weather and head to the beach instead. I'm so glad we did! The kids had a fantastic time. Jenna loved everything about the beach! We were so happy that she didn't freak out over the waves or sand or anything like that. Granted, the waves there are nothing compared to the waves that we'll experience at Bethany Beach in July, but at least it was a nice practice run. Not only did she not freak out she reveled in every aspect!
Ian is doing so much better with the water! He went under several times and never flipped out like he would have last summer. I think the swim lessons are definitely paying off!
Snack time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment