Some of our stand-bys for the toaster oven were mini Boboli pizzas and chocolate chip cookies made from store bought cookie dough. I couldn't make more than 6 at a time so it seemed pointless to make my own cookie dough for so few cookies. (Oh, and did I mention that we had the most in-efficient icebox ever! It couldn't even qualify as a freezer because it didn't even come close to sealing. It was just a cheap plastic door that flopped around. So, there was no making up cookie dough and freezing it for later.) I learned to use our stove top for most of our cooking. I made a lot of Hamburger Helper, stir frys, pasta etc... One of our favorite things to make was an egg sandwich on a bagel - 2 cooking elements; stovetop and toaster. Of course, we also used the microwave for a lot of things. Without an oven I relied heavily on convenience items. Not a good thing and I think that it's created some bad habits.
Anyway... back to the toaster strudels. It has been YEARS since I've purchased toaster strudels. For some reason I haven't even given them a second look in the grocery store. It's not that I don't like them - I do! I guess it was one bad habit that I left in the apartments of Collamore. Well, last Sunday morning I had to run out to get milk before Trevor took the car to church. (I was staying home with Ian while he recovered from the stomach bug.) Well, there I was in the frozen food aisle, hungry because I hadn't eaten any breakfast yet, when I saw the toaster strudels. I made the impulse purchase and hurried home. Mmmmm, boy! I forgot how yummy they are!
Well, today Jenna got to try her first one. As you can tell she enjoyed it thoroughly!
1 comment:
Hey, don't forget the crock pot :-)
Post a Comment