I'll just call the last few days week 2. I'm slowly, but surely getting back to normal. I've been resting as much as possible - in between taking care of the kids. Yesterday around 5pm I suddenly got my voice back! I was talking to Ian at the dinner table when he said "mommy, why are you talking out loud?" That's when I realized - it's back!! Last night I was feeling pretty good so I decided to go to our small group. I fared surprisingly well and wasn't too terribly exhausted when we got home around 9pm. I didn't feel like I needed any pain meds for at least 8 hours, but decided to take some right before going to bed. I woke up around 2:30am and took some again. For some reason when I'm sleeping it hurts worse. Maybe because I'm sleeping with my mouth open or I'm not regularly swallowing saliva. But, when I wake up my mouth and throat are incredibly dry and painful.
This morning after drinking a lot of water I felt like I was fine and didn't need to take any pain meds. So, I decided to wait until I absolutely needed them. It wasn't until I took a nap and woke up in the middle that I decided to take them. So, it was something like 11 hours in between doses!! What an improvement.
I did have one setback this morning. I've had a lot of jaw pain and can't open my mouth very wide at all. This morning it seemed like that was improving. As I was eating a bowl of soggy cereal I accidentally bit my lip which caused me to involuntarily open my mouth really wide. When I did that I could hear and feel my jaws cracking and the pain was pretty bad. I'm pretty discouraged about the setback because it's so hard to eat when you can't open your mouth any wider then being able to stick the tip of your finger in between your teeth, while experiencing jaw pain at the same time. I've been hungry for so long that I'm desperate just to eat a good meal and fill up my belly to stop all of the rumbling! Maybe next week. In the meantime I guess the one good thing is that I've lost 10 pounds.
1 comment:
I guess some set backs are a normal part of the healing process. It sounds like altogether you are on the upswing, which is good. Just don't over do too soon!
Congrats on the weight loss. It too me 6 weeks to lose 10 pounds!
Post a Comment