Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 10

I took it easy on Day 10. I'm seeing improvement a little bit at a time. I was able to go longer in between doses of pain medication. I think the longest stretch was 5-1/2 hours, instead of 3.

It was a gorgeous day yesterday and I found it very difficult to stay inside. In the morning Trevor took the kids to the playground, McD's and to BJ's. They came back with flushed cheeks and smelling of fresh air. Then in the afternoon they went to St Matthew's Multi-Cultural festival. As they were leaving I really had to fight off the jealousy that I couldn't go as well. For a moment I thought about ditching the recliner and blankets and joining them, but I quickly realized that would be a foolish decision. While they were gone it hit me - this desire to be out and about is a first. In the past 10 days I have had no desire whatsoever to leave the house. This must be one more step on the road to recovery! I did decide to try to go to church today. It's time to slowly get back into the swing of things so that I'm ready for Trevor to be gone Tuesday through Friday.

One problem I had late last night was that my mouth and throat felt incredibly dry no matter how much I drank. It seemed like I couldn't even produce any saliva. It was frustrating and I couldn't figure out why that was happening. When I brought it up to Trevor he said maybe I should turn the humidifier back on. DUH!!! I had turned the humidifier off on Friday before we left for the doctor's office and never turned it back on! So, I filled it up, turned it on and then sat on the floor directly in front of it for the next hour. That fixed the problem. Overnight, I put it on a small table close by so that it would blow right into my face. Wow, what a difference!

No comments: