Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day One

Well, I made it through day one. The surgery was around 10am. I came out of recovery fairly well. Trevor said I looked a lot better coming out this time then when I did when I had my ear surgery. We got home around 2:30pm.

I've been sleeping on and off all day. Around 5pm after eating a bit of applesauce I suddenly got nauseous and ended up vomiting. Unfortunately, I didn't get all of it where it was supposed to go, fortunately I did get it all in the bathroom which is easy to clean.

I will say that the last thing you want to do after you have a tonsillectomy is to vomit. Trevor quickly called the doctor and he prescribed something to help with the nausea. I'm pretty sure it's an aftereffect on the anesthesia and possibly the pain killers thrown in there. I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't happen again!

Trevor and my parents have been a huge help! Trevor will probably lose a lot of weight as well with all of the running up and down the stairs. I'm surprised by how little I can do for myself.

Please pray for the kids. When Ian first got home from school he didn't want to see me. When Trevor offered him the opportunity he buried his head in the couch and started sobbing. When Trevor brought Jenna in the first time she just sat in daddy's lap a few feet from me. She looked very apprehensive, but she did end up smiling. Tonight Ian was at least willing to say goodnight and Jenna sat on my lap for quite some time - just snuggling with me. That made my day! When it was time for her to go she grabbed onto me with all her might and didn't want to go. Trevor literally had to tear her away from me and she cried as he took her back to her room.

Thanks to everyone who called tonight to check on me. Your get well wishes and concern lifted my spirits. I obviously can't talk any more than a whisper right now so I hope this blog can update people from my perspective. Love you all!!

No comments: