Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 3

Today has been the worst day so far. Thankfully, I was able to sleep better last night then the night before. I'm sure that helped in the long run.

TMI (too much information) alert!

I felt pretty nauseous all morning. It was so miserable, I almost preferred the pain to the nausea. It was so bad I couldn't even drink water and I knew that wasn't helping matters. I was getting dehydrated and feeling feverish. Around 3:00 I decided to try to eat a Popsicle and it seemed to help for a few minutes. Unfortunately, it didn't last long because I had to make a break for the bathroom. This time I was able to get all of it in the toilet, but unfortunately I had to wretch over and over and over again. As soon as I was done I surprisingly felt so much better. The pain in my throat from wretching was preferable to the intense nausea for hours on end. For the first time all day I was able to think clearly.

Trevor called the doctor again to see how we can get the nausea under control. At this point it's obviously from the pain killers. He suggested mixing liquid Tylenol with the prescription pain meds and I took my first dose of that 1/2 an hour ago. I'm hoping that does the trick. I will also continue to take my other anti-nausea medication. I really don't want another day like today.

Your continued prayers are appreciated! The worst is yet to come. The doctor tells me that the worst pain is around day 5 when the scabs start falling off.

1 comment:

Russell Nemec said...

So sorry you're feeling awful, and that worse is to come. Anything we can do for you?