Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Countdown

The countdown has begun. In approximately 36 hours I will be getting my tonsils out. To say that I've been anxious the past couple days is an understatement. I've been full of dread and panic as I think about (or try not to think about) the recovery process. I've been hearing horror story after horror story from people who have gotten their tonsils out as adults. The most recent was this past Friday when I went to my general doctor for my pre-op appointment. The nurse had her tonsils out when she was 31. When I asked her how her recovery was she said it was hell. She said she couldn't swallow her own saliva for 36 hours among other things.

My parents arrive tomorrow afternoon. The last few details are coming together as we prepare for what's to come. We have the TV and Fios hooked up and I've already started recording shows on the DVR. I have most of my projects done. Trevor is taking the car to work tomorrow so I will be spending the day at home which will give me time to straighten up the last few things. Tomorrow evening Trevor and Dad will go to Russ' house to pick up the recliner that we're going to borrow for the bedroom and then I'm going to have my "last meal". I still haven't decided what I want to eat. It will be at least 14 days before I'll be able to eat anything that I want to eat without thinking about how it's going to affect my throat. There's a lot riding on this last meal.

What would your last meal be? Any suggestions for me?