We went to their community pool on our first full day there.
One day we went to the Fort Worth Stockyards. This is a must see if you want to get a real "taste" of Texas.
This is where you see the long horn cattle drive.
You can also shop for souveniers.

And eat good food. (Just don't carry your firearm into the restaurant.)

There's also a rumor that a certain someone rode a mechanical bull, but I don't think that video will see the light of day!
There's a pretty cool maze.

On another day trip we went to Oklahoma to go to Arbuckle Wilderness which is a drive through safari. This has been a lifelong dream of mine. It was an absolute blast!
I loved watching the animals stick their heads in the van.

This yak was my favorite. He was so goofy looking. If I can figure out how to post video on here I'll put the video of him and his crazy tongue. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

On Wednesday we went to the Azalea Plantation Bed and Breakfast. As you can see it was very lovely. This was their most recently remodeled room.


After getting checked in we moseyed over to Downtown Fort Worth. The owner of the B&B told us to find the parking garage near the "giant angels". They would've been hard to miss!

I loved the giant angels! We had an excellent view of them on the second floor of the huge Barnes and Noble.

We were able to get a couple of comfy chairs next to the window so that I could gaze at the giant angels (and watch the people out on the balcony next to the angels)!

B&N also had this really cool two story statue. I know it's a replica of a famous piece of art, but don't ask me which piece of art.

The thing was ginormous!

On our final day we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. I didn't take any still shots while we were there (I have a bunch of footage on the camcorder), but I did get this good shot on the way home. All of the kids were pretty exhausted by the end of the week.

Finally, here are some pics of the family. We miss you guys!!!
(Kim and Jonathan)
(Veronica and Jon)
(Samantha and Veronica - they really do love each other)
(See!)
(Charlie)
(Jon-boy giving me a look)
(The three boys and Hank-dog. I love this picture! All ready for bed, eating their snacks and watching TV. The only time they were quieter (and not obsessed with potty talk) was when they were sleeping!)
And eat good food. (Just don't carry your firearm into the restaurant.)
There's also a rumor that a certain someone rode a mechanical bull, but I don't think that video will see the light of day!
There's a pretty cool maze.
On another day trip we went to Oklahoma to go to Arbuckle Wilderness which is a drive through safari. This has been a lifelong dream of mine. It was an absolute blast!
I loved watching the animals stick their heads in the van.
This yak was my favorite. He was so goofy looking. If I can figure out how to post video on here I'll put the video of him and his crazy tongue. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
On Wednesday we went to the Azalea Plantation Bed and Breakfast. As you can see it was very lovely. This was their most recently remodeled room.
After getting checked in we moseyed over to Downtown Fort Worth. The owner of the B&B told us to find the parking garage near the "giant angels". They would've been hard to miss!
I loved the giant angels! We had an excellent view of them on the second floor of the huge Barnes and Noble.
We were able to get a couple of comfy chairs next to the window so that I could gaze at the giant angels (and watch the people out on the balcony next to the angels)!
B&N also had this really cool two story statue. I know it's a replica of a famous piece of art, but don't ask me which piece of art.
The thing was ginormous!
On our final day we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. I didn't take any still shots while we were there (I have a bunch of footage on the camcorder), but I did get this good shot on the way home. All of the kids were pretty exhausted by the end of the week.
Finally, here are some pics of the family. We miss you guys!!!
3 comments:
That sculpture looks like a copy of "The Bronco Buster" by Frederic Remington. He did a few versions of the subject.
Thanks, Russ! I knew my favorite artist would know the answer!
Hey! I finally got a chance to look at these. Great pics. I really love the one with the three stooges watching TV. :-) Hope we can see you in NY. :-) Love ya!
Post a Comment