As most of you already know I am battling this nasty little thing called strep throat. This time I was off of the antibiotics for a mere 24 hours before it cropped back up again. So, needless to say I called the ear/nose/throat specialist today and scheduled an appointment for Monday afternoon at 3pm.
I felt an overabundance of unwelcome deja vu today as I drove to the doctor's office, sat in the waiting room, got my vital stats checked, saw the doctor, got my throat swabbed twice (I've even learned how to resist gagging!), got my prescription and drove home. It seems like I just did this. Oh, yeah - I just did it a little over a week ago!
The other part of the deja vu goes back to my gall bladder issues. I clearly remember driving myself to the ER at 2am for the third and final time. I believe my exact words to the doctor were "I don't care if you have to take it out with a spoon - JUST TAKE IT OUT!" That's how I'm feeling about these silly tonsils right now. If taking my tonsils out stops the strep then please just take them out already! I was hoping I would have more time to figure out scheduling etc..., but if I'm going to get strep again as soon as I'm done with the antibiotics to heck with the scheduling.
So, after the gall bladder and now my tonsils I find myself wondering why God gave us all of these dispensable "parts"?! What's next? My appendix? Oh, please NOOOOOOO!!!!
1 comment:
Why don't you just get all of those unnecessary parts out at once - like a pre-emptive strike against sickness! Go for it! Stick it to the man!
Post a Comment