Monday, March 2, 2009

We have snow.

I have to admit - I didn't think the snow would amount to much. It got kind of a late start. We were awakened at 3:30am by a screaming baby (I'm still not sure what that was all about). At that time I looked out the window to see how much was on the ground and it was a slight dusting. But, when I looked out again at 6:45 we had a considerable amount more and it's been snowing pretty heavily ever since.

School is canceled and the federal government opened 2 hours late. I think it's supposed to end sometime in mid-afternoon. I will admit it's pretty. A nice white covering over everything. I won't bore you with my pessimism about snow - you've heard it all before. For now I'll try to enjoy it without going out in it. Luckily we live across the street from the grocery store so if I really need anything I can walk over and get it. There's also a Chinese restaurant and Pizza Hut in the same plaza. Oh, and on Route 1 we have a Subway, McDonald's, Burger King, KFC/Taco Bell and Dunkin Donuts. We won't starve! Not that we don't already have enough food for a month.

No comments: