We've been living in the land of pay TV for about 3 weeks now. I absolutely LOVE the DVR!! Watching commercials is a thing of the past and it's super easy to record stuff. Maybe too easy because our DVR is already 60% full. There are a few fairly good reasons for this. 1) We have it set up to record series for us. 2) I'm recording stuff for the kids to watch. Since Ian likes to watch stuff over and over and over again I'm keeping a bunch of episodes for him. 3) I just can't keep up with all of the stuff I've set up to record.
Some of my new favorite shows are Jon and Kate Plus 8 and Little People Big World. But, my all time new favorite show has to be Ace of Cakes. I love the fact that Charm City Cakes is in Baltimore - a mere 11 miles from here! Duff, the owner, is hysterical and his laughter is contagious. I love seeing the masterpieces that they create.
One of the kids new favorite shows is The Upside Down Show. Both Ian and Jenna love it. This one comes on at midnight. That's where the DVR comes in handy! I guess it only ran for one season. I have no idea why they would cancel such an awesome, innovative show for kids. Go check out some of the clips from the above link and you'll see what I mean.
Of course, Ian is still into Ben 10 and he especially likes the new Ben 10: Alien Force. I can tolerate this much easier then the stupid Bakugan show that he also likes. (Notice I'm not even providing a link to Bakugan - UGH, it's horrible!) At least Ben 10 has decent story lines and characters.
Anyway... I'm already feeling like I just watch the same shows and would like to branch out to other stuff. I know there's a ton of good shows out there. If you have pay TV can you tell me some of the shows that you like to watch? Maybe I'll squeeze some more room out of my DVR!
1 comment:
New favorite shows? I thought the whole point of getting FiOS was so you could watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 and Little People Big World. That used to be your highlight of every vacation!
Post a Comment