Thursday, January 15, 2009

Worry

I'm sitting here desperately trying not to worry about my baby girl. This morning out of the blue she started limping. It started after she was already up for a couple of hours. We had just returned home from taking Ian to the bus stop when I noticed it. A slight limp - favoring her right leg. I didn't worry too much at that point, it was almost time for a nap. When I got her up from her nap I noticed it again. But, this time she would limp for 5-10 minutes and then she was fine. For the rest of the afternoon if she was sitting down for any period of time she would limp for the first 5 or so minutes of being active and then it would go away. Although after returning from the library she would hardly stand at all. She would try to stand, but just fall right down. Then after awhile she didn't even try and resorted to crawling.

My mother's heart is full of worry. Thankfully, we already have her 18 month check up with the doctor scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10am. If you think of us please say a prayer. I'm hoping that it's nothing - that it goes away on its own and we'll look back and grin. One thing I know for sure - I need to stay away from googling "sudden limping in baby". I've already seen more then I should.

1 comment:

Laura said...

We'll be praying...keep us updated...