Saturday, January 3, 2009

Look Mom... No Training Wheels!

Ian got up from naptime and came barging into my room to let me know that he was ready to take the training wheels off of his bike. I was rather unresponsive since he woke me up from my nap so I told him to go find his father. I honestly didn't know what he was talking about at that point, my brain was still mush. Well, apparently he found his daddy because 15 minutes later the phone rang and Trevor told me to look out the window. Sure enough there was Ian riding his bike without his training wheels. Color me shocked!



The kid really amazes me sometimes. We haven't said anything about taking the training wheels off. He made up his mind and he went for it. No fear, no trepidation. The key is that it has to be his idea. It's kind of like when he got rid of his "pants" (aka blankie). It was completely his idea and he threw them away - no looking back! He's a big boy now!

No comments: