Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


The highlight of our New Year's Eve celebration was this yummy white pizza dip. I made this for the first time several years ago - if I remember correctly it was for Mary Jo's baby shower when she was pregnant with Abigail. Ever since that first appearance I have been asked to make it over and over and it's become "my" thing. I haven't made it in a very, very long time though. The Lipton Savory Herb and Garlic soup mix is kind of hard to find and I haven't had much reason to make it. Well, a few weeks ago I was in Super Walmart and saw it there so I grabbed a couple of boxes. Here's the recipe - enjoy!

1 (1oz) package of Lipton Savory Herb and Garlic soup mix
16oz container of sour cream
8oz whole milk ricotta
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped pepperoni (optional)
French bread, cubed or crackers - whatever you like to use with dip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the soup mix, sour cream, ricotta, pepperoni and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella on top. Bake uncovered in the 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot.

Last night I accidentally got fat free ricotta and it was a bit runnier then usual. I wouldn't recommend using fat free anything in this recipe.


2 comments:

Laura said...

THat sounds really yummy! THanks for posting the recipe.

Many blessings to you in the New Year

Anonymous said...

yeah...thanks for the recipe! oh and Happy New Year!