Saturday, December 6, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Last night we walked on over to the farmer's market/garden center next door and picked out our Christmas tree.


After finding the perfect tree Trevor schlepped it on home. The picture is so blurry because that's just how fast he schlepped it. :) This was supposed to be easier then tying it to the top of the car, that's why we chose to go to the nursery next door - that and to support a local mom and pop shop.

Here we are - we made it home! Ian is wielding the coveted tree waterer. I figured it would be easier to water the tree with this then the bowl and turkey baster that we used last year.

After a few tries we finally got the tree to stand somewhat straight in the base. Ever since we chose this house I pictured a Christmas tree in our bay window. It fits so perfectly!

Next came the lights. We tested them out. That was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, after Trevor dutifully hung them on the tree it turned out that a couple of rows on one strand were not working. So after fighting - I mean fiddling with them for quite some time he finally gave up and I made a run to Target to get another strand. I guess it was time to get new lights anyway. They were 8 years old and you're supposed to replace them every 3 years or so. I have to say it was quite crowded in the Christmas light section of Target at 8:00pm last night. I had to elbow my way through to get what I needed - almost as bad as Black Friday.

Trevor finally got all of the lights strung around 9:30 and now we have a gorgeous lit Christmas tree. We're going to hang the ornaments this morning while Jenna is taking a nap. It should be much easier that way.

It's weird trying to find places to put our Christmas decorations. After living in the same place for 5 years we knew right where to put everything. It's a new challenge and a little frustrating. But, I'm sure it will all look great when we're done.

No comments: