Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas and Snow

We got all of the Christmas decorations up and it's really starting to look and feel like Christmas.

Personally, I'm having a hard time telling her not to touch the ornaments. There aren't any "priceless" ones on the bottom, but we do want her to be gentle. We were at a friend's house last night and she was good about not touching their ornaments when I told her "no touch", so that's good.

Jenna has adopted this little reindeer as her own.
In the last few days she's really started to pay attention to stuffed animals. I don't know if "pay attention" is strong enough language. She LOVES stuffed animals. She likes to hug them and squeeze them and...
SMOOSH them into the floor! I'm not sure what's up with that. But, to say she likes stuffed animals is a bit of an understatement. Which is funny because Ian could've cared less. Maybe it's a girl thing?

Did you know we had our first snowfall this past weekend? Kind of early for us. It's been extremely cold as well. Here's Ian watching Daddy brush off the car.
"Go, Daddy, go!" We'll just stay inside where it's warm. Well, sorta. The downstairs is much colder then the upstairs and since Trevor likes to keep the thermostat set to 69 it can get rather chilly. Unless, I'm feeling rebellious and crank it up to 72 or something.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season instead of being consumed with busyness and stuff. I'm speaking to myself here because honestly it's easy to get sucked into all of that hoopla. So far I'm doing pretty good though. I have almost all of my shopping done. I probably won't bake too much since Trevor's generous aunt is bringing down her famous assortment of Christmas cookies. The decorating is done. Cards still need to go out, but those will probably be done in the nick of time since we're having someone come to the house on Saturday to take professional pics. They'll get done, they just won't be out as early as I would normally like.

I'm trying to take time to savor the moments. The kids are only little for a few short years. This is the age when Christmas is the most magical and I would rather see it all through their eyes then through the eyes of the world around me.

1 comment:

abuian said...

Like, it seems, everything else this year, it took us three tries to get that pic of Ian putting on the angel. Great that we have a new camera . . .