So, I'm feeling a little guilty. We've been spending a lot of money lately. While the economy is in the crapper and people are tightening their belts financially we are spending more money now then we ever have (well, if you don't count tuition money for Seminary). I know a lot of it comes with buying a new house, but it still feels weird shelling out money left and right while everyone else seems to be struggling financially. In recent weeks we've bought shelving for the garage, mattresses for Ian's bunk beds, Christmas gifts, paint, paint and more paint, window treatments, rugs, a dining room table and last night I laid out a nice chunk of change to take a Lay Counseling class. I have to keep reminding myself that we scrimped and saved over the last couple of years in order to be able to buy this house and we knew that we were going to be buying a lot of incidentals once we moved in. It's just surreal to go from saving to spending in such a short amount of time.
I guess it wouldn't bother me all that much except everywhere I turn there's news about how the rest of the country is under financial strain. And it's not just "the rest of the country". It's our loved ones as well. My heart hurts for those that we care about that are having a hard time. Please know that you are all in my prayers and that if you need anything at all during this difficult time please let us know!
1 comment:
If we stop spending, the terrorists win!
Post a Comment