Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mmmm....

Today I have been keeping myself busy with "baking" for the holidays. This morning I made Chex Mix, which was incredibly hard to resist fresh out of the oven. This afternoon I made the "pretzel, Hershey Kiss, M&M" thingies.

These silly things are so incredibly easy, but so incredibly yummy! It's the perfect mix of sweet and salty. I will share with you the ultra secret recipe.
  • Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
  • Line a baking sheet with as many round pretzels as you can.
  • Unwrap and place one Hershey Kiss on top of each pretzel.
  • Place the tray in the oven for around 3-4 minutes.
  • Remove the tray and place one M&M on top of each Kiss.
  • Let cool - either on the counter or in the fridge.
Like I said - really complicated. The most time consuming thing is unwrapping the kisses and placing them on the pretzels. I think they're really pretty with the multi-colored M&M's, but you could also just do red & green. I've heard other people that use other types of chocolate - like Rolo's or peanut butter cups. Whatever floats your boat.

This batch is for Trevor's co-workers. I'll put them in pretty little Christmas bags. He's planning on taking the car to work tomorrow because of all of the rain so I figured it would be a good time to send them in. I don't know how they would do in his backpack if he was riding his bike.

Recently, I mentioned how spoiled I am. Well, cry me a river... Trevor has to go into work 3 days in a row this week! He had a meeting come up today and he also had meetings on Tuesday and Thursday so that meant he couldn't swap out a day. Not only that, but "gasp"... he's taking the car 2 of the 3 days and leaving me stranded at home! I actually had the car today, but any plans of going out were ruined when Ian woke up with a sore throat and runny nose. Ian stayed home from school for the first time today. I don't care how sick he is tomorrow - he's going to school! I don't know what I'm going to do when summer vacation is here. I don't even know what I'm going to do when winter vacation is here! I'm so used to taking care of just one child it was completely jarring to my day to have him home. Well, at least over winter break my parents will be here for about a week.

Anyway... all of that stay - that's why I kept myself busy "baking" today.

No comments: