- My husband works from home 3 days a week and lately it's rare that he's even going in for the other 2 days. In recent weeks he's had either a Tuesday or Thursday off for various reasons. Meaning I'm seeing an awful lot of my husband - which is awesome. So, when I complained this week that he actually had to go in on Tuesday and Thursday - he reminded me that I'm spoiled. I KNOW! I can't even remember what it was like when he went in 4 days a week let alone 5 days.
- We have a beautiful brand new home. Like I've said before it's not my dream home, but it is a wonderful home - it's God's gift to us and I'm extremely grateful. Some of the things that I really like about it are - the kitchen including lots of cabinets for storage, a ginormous master bedroom with room for a desk, soon-to-be treadmill (thanks to the in-laws) and a big comfy chair. We also have double bay windows that add just enough extra space, a nice sized laundry room (even if the dryer eats our clothes and spits lint out everywhere) and big bedrooms for the kids. Just to name a few. Oh, and our refrigerator has a freezer that is about twice the size of our previous one. So, the other day when I mentioned to Trevor that I can't wait to get our separate freezer for the garage (in anticipation of the Christmas holiday) he reminded me that I'm spoiled because we already have a freezer that is 2 times the size of our previous one. Yeah, well... we didn't get that dedicated circuit put in the garage for nothin'!
- My wonderful husband lets me sleep in on Saturdays. He gets up before the kids and takes care of them while I get to sleep past 7am. Today I didn't roll out of bed until 7:45 and it was superb. Even now (8:15) I'm sitting here blogging while he takes care of Jenna and I try to ignore Ian as he's jumping all over me.
- I have the best friends a girl could ask for! When I sit down and think of all of the wonderful friends that God has blessed me with I get all choked up. I don't even want to begin to list them because I'm afraid that I will leave someone out and then I would feel horrible. But, let's just say there are a LOT of them and they are all amazing. Just yesterday I was able to go out with 2 of my close friends (we missed you Sharon) and my good friend Amber babysat Jenna for an extended period of time (sorry Amber!) Because of Amber and her generosity I was able to get my soul rejuvenated with conversation, laughter, tears, food and shopping. That's just the most recent example of friendship. It reminded me just how spoiled I am.
- I have 2 beautiful, healthy children. 'Nuff said.
- My husband is at this moment (12:57pm*) giving my son a haircut . Wooooo-hoooo! Cutting hair is one of only two things in my life that induces a panic attack. To top it off I make huge mistakes like this one. Oh, and did I mention that I did the same thing on a smaller level a mere week before school started? That was the last time I gave him a hair cut. After that I vowed that I would never be giving anyone a haircut ever again. Trevor stepped up, because he's cheap and probably because he figures if he can cut his own hair he can cut Ian's. He doesn't fear the clippers like I do.
- I have an amazing extended family. So amazing in fact that for the second year in a row we don't have to travel for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Some would think that it would be more stressful to host the holidays, but it's not. Not when you consider 8-9 hour drives with two small children in a small car. Throwing them off their routines never makes for an enjoyable visit either. Plus, it's only 2 extra people for each holiday so it's not like I have to cook for a huge crowd or anything.
*Sometimes I write these posts over hours if not days.
3 comments:
Um . . . small car? Yeah, you're spoiled. If it weren't so dang expensive, we'd have to go see how the rest of the world lives, just to make my point :-)
Yes, you are spoiled. I'll spare you my complete autobiography, but right now Nathan leaves at 7:30am and returns at 6:30pm, 5 days a week. Also, he only gets 2 weeks vacation (unlike someone else I know :)), which he was forced to use in January as he recovered from surgery. So, as I take my 3 to the grocery store and podiatrist ALONE, you may count your blessings as you leisurely drink your Super-Grande-Carmel-Iced-Cappuchino-Latte-Somethingorother! Love Ya!
Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that Trevor gets 4 weeks of vacation plus 13 days of sick leave per year, plus every conceivable government holiday known to man including Inauguration Day and anytime a former President dies. Thanks for reminding me Crystal. :)
I love you too!
Post a Comment