After the movie I decided to stop by the new house to see how it's progressing. I was shocked to see them working on it today. I figured with the holiday they would be taking the day off. They were putting the brick on the front. A couple of the sections further down were almost completely done, but ours just had a little bit at the bottom done. I didn't have my camera with me, so I just used my camera phone to snap this picture (pardon the poor quality - it's a 3 year old camera phone!)

As I was sitting in front of the house it suddenly hit me - "this is our house!!!" It was an overwhelming and comforting feeling. After all of the back and forth and uncertainty it is good to know that this is where we belong. It's by no means our ideal home, but I believe it is what God has given us - He certainly knows what's best for us. And my goodness... we're getting a brand new home for Pete's sake! The living space may be small, there may not be any yard, but that's ok - it's His best for us. In my human weakness I felt like I needed to explore every possible option before finally accepting the gift that He has already laid out for us. I feel incredibly selfish for doubting in the first place, but I'm enormously thankful that He is patient while I flounder along.
No comments:
Post a Comment