Anyway... I titled this blog post "Stuff" because I have a bunch of random thoughts to post. So, let's get started.
- I wanted to post some pictures that we took at the Baltimore Zoo on Friday, but alas it seems that either my camera or USB cord is broken and I can't get the pictures off of my camera. We had a great time at the zoo. We met up with our friends, the Quiggs, in the early afternoon and after our time at the zoo we went to Bob Evans for dinner. It was one of the few times that we didn't have to bug Ian to eat his dinner. He was so ravenous from all of the walking and fresh air that he scarfed down his 3 huge chicken fingers and smiley fries. We were both shocked!
- I have found out that Bingo and kindergartners don't mix. Last night the PTA sponsored a free Bingo night. Ian and I went to check it out. Ian was very excited and was very ambitious in the beginning. I helped him search for the numbers and he colored in the boxes. But, the Bingo caller was going WAY too fast and it was nearly impossible for me to keep up with both his card and my card. Towards the end he gave up and started running around with some of his classmates. There sat the moms all vigorously checking their cards as well as their kids cards. My competitive streak came out towards the end.
- We are in love with the energy efficiency of our windows. It's so nice to not feel a draft when I open the blinds or pull back the curtains. It's something that I've come to expect and I was pretty shocked when the temperature dropped and the thermostat stayed steady.
- And last, but not least... I have to say that I'm enjoying the one on one time that I'm getting with Jenna while Ian is in school. I feel like I'm finally able to focus on her and enjoy her as an individual. The other day I had deja vu as Trevor and I were eating lunch with Jenna. Ian was in school so it was just the three of us. We were able to focus on her and enjoy all of the little things that she was doing. It took me back to the days when we only had one child. I love Ian dearly, but he had our undivided attention for 4 years. I'm thrilled that Jenna can have some of that attention now. Today as I was playing with her on the floor I was reminded that she will only be this small for a short period of time. I wish there was some way to bottle up this precious time and bring it out later after she's grown! But, there's not. So when I can, I sit and stare at all of her cute babyness and try to soak it all up - those roly poly cheeks and curious eyes. The way her fingers try to manipulate different objects. Her wobbliness as she's learning to walk - taking a few steps and then flopping to the ground. I just want to hug her and kiss her and squeeze her - maybe if I snuggle hard enough some of that baby goodness will seep into me and I can carry it with me wherever I go for as long as I live.
No comments:
Post a Comment