Thursday, October 30, 2008

Camera

I am so frustrated that I can't post some of the pictures that are on my camera. I need to find someone that has a card reader on their computer so that I can upload them.

Now the great debate begins. Do we buy a new camera or just try to buy a new USB cord and see if that works. I've been wanting a new camera for some time now. Our camera is "old" in the technology world. It's a 2 mega pixel and it was state of the art 5 years ago when my hubby bought it for me. He did pay a pretty penny for it. But, there are a couple of things that frustrate me about it. Every once in a while mysterious spots show up in my pictures. I have no idea why or how to get rid of them. Other times it takes great pictures. Maybe it's just luck or good weather/lighting. Remember this picture from the cherry blossom festival this past Spring? Gorgeous! Then there's this picture:
Look at all of those spots around Ian's head. This isn't even the worst picture with spots.

Anyway... I'm hoping to get a new camera out of the deal. Either way though I need to fix the problem pronto. I feel like a part of me is missing because I can't upload photos to my computer. What did we ever do before the digital world? We waited until we took all the pictures on the roll, dropped them off or mailed them to a developer, waited for them to be returned and then anxiously ripped open the envelope to see how they turned out. Now, we point, shoot, check the picture out directly on the camera and then upload the good ones to our computer. Remember being disappointed when your pictures came back from the developer because that shot that you were hoping for just didn't turn out right? Or on the other hand being incredibly surprised when one turned out just right. I clearly remember getting my pictures back from my trip to Hawaii and being incredibly disappointed when there was a green tint to most of the pics and some of the negatives were destroyed. A once in a lifetime trip and the developer ruined my memories!

I'm thankful for the digital age!!

No comments: