Friday, September 19, 2008

Firsts

Well, this week is full of firsts in the new house. The kids took their first baths:I wanted to include a wide shot so you could see the blue on the walls. Look at how shiny that ceramic tile looks!



Sorry - I just had to include a naked baby butt shot.


Ian took his first school bus ride:
Here he is at the bus stop. Several other kids showed up later. This lamp post reminds me of Narnia.

That's Ian with the green backpack. He LOVES riding the school bus. He reminds me every day that they don't have to wear seat belts. Does he have to remind me?! :(

Speaking of safety (or lack thereof)... Jenna fell down the stairs for the first time this morning. Before we moved in I bought two baby gates. One for the bottom of the stairs and one for the top. The one on the bottom fits fine, but the one for the top didn't work with our large baseboards. So, I've been searching for another gate and have yet to find one that I like and will work at the same time. We were all upstairs and I foolishly let Jenna and Ian play in Ian's room. I figured if I shut the door then I would hear them when Ian opened it up. I did not hear him open it (obviously). The next thing I heard was a crash and Jenna screaming. She fell all the way down the carpeted steps and crashed into the open gate below. Double :( She was a little shook up, but otherwise she's fine. Her guardian angel was protecting her today! So, guess where I'm going today? To Babies R Us to get the baby gate that I don't particularly like, but will work with our house.

1 comment:

abuian said...

Your friendly neighborhood fact-checker says: The lamppost in Narnia had some kind of cross-piece on it. Genetically, it had to.