Yesterday, Ian brought home his second stack of Scholastic order forms. The first stack came when we were in the throws of packing up so I chucked them into the recycling bin without giving them much thought. This time I decided to sit down and peruse them as I was planning on getting Ian a couple of books. The first thing that struck me was the sheer volume of fliers. There were 6 altogether. I'm not sure exactly how many came a few weeks ago, but I remember it being at least 4. "When I was in school" [insert scruffy "old" voice here] there was one time per year that we were able to order from Scholastic and it was a REALLY big deal. I remember their bookshelves in the library where we could look at all of the different books and take them home on the spot. They usually sent an order form home with us beforehand so that we could pick out what we wanted and so that our parents could send in the appropriate amount of money. So, I'm wondering how often are we going to get Scholastic fliers and will we seriously get 1/2 a dozen each time?
The second thing I noticed were the incredibly great prices. I was able to get Corduroy for $1 (I'm sure it's paperback, but that's ok), a couple of I Spy books, a book all about leaves and a "back to school" book with Ian's favorite Nick Jr characters all for $12. Of course, the book that Ian picked out was the most expensive at $7, but everything else was $1-$2. And... there aren't any shipping charges! I even saw the Very Hungry Caterpillar for $5. I like to buy this book for baby showers because it's so classic and one of my kids favorites. I've never seen it anywhere for less then $9. I should've grabbed one - oh well.
2 comments:
Interesting! We get one flier every month and then twice a year, they do the "Book Fair" where you shop right there. Did all the fliers seem to be at Ian's grade level? I know that there are different grade level ones so maybe they sent one of each? I love ordering from Scholastic! I just ordered some cool poetry books last month.
When I was in school, they had one flier. It was written on a piece of tree bark, and the whole class had to share it . . .
Post a Comment