As a renter for the past 12 years and a dependent of my parents for the previous (mutter, stammer, grumble) years I can probably count on one hand, if not one finger, the number of times I've been inside a home improvement store. In the last week I've been quickly initiated into the world of Home Depot and boy does it make my head spin! I'm sure some day I'll get used to the ginormous (Ian's favorite new word) magnitude of the HD that just seems utterly and completely insane.
I've been in there more times over the past week to shop for paint, blinds and curtain rods than I have in my entire life. I also went to Lowe's a couple of times and on my last visit bought curtains for Jenna's room. I haven't actually bought anything at Home Depot yet, just snagged some paint samples and a Diet Coke. I plan on making up a list of everything I need from Home Depot before actually buying anything - I have a 10% off coupon for an entire purchase, so I want to get everything at one time if possible.
I know most of you are seasoned shoppers at places like this, but for me, as a soon-to-be first time homeowner, it's all new.
No comments:
Post a Comment