Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spoiled

I am officially spoiled. This week Trevor started working from home 3 days a week (M/W/F). They're remodeling his office suite and everyone is crammed into shared work space so they're allowing him to work from home more so that they aren't so crowded at the office. The renovations are supposed to take 6 months, but with the way these things work it will probably end up being longer.

It's absolutely wonderful! I loved having him home just one day a week, but this is fantastic. It's especially good timing. Between the upcoming move and Ian starting kindergarten, having him here is going to be helpful if for no other reason than he'll be home for 4 extra hours every day (the length of his daily commute). Here are just a few more reasons why it will be helpful to have Trevor working from home 3x a week.
  1. Jenna can stick to her nap schedule (3 days a week anyway) while I chauffer Ian back and forth to school. I'll have to drive him for the first 3 weeks until we move.
  2. He can help pack during the 4 hours that he would normally be commuting.
  3. In this last week before school starts I will be able to spend a little one on one time with Ian in the morning while Jenna is napping. Tomorrow morning I plan on taking him out for a bike ride.
I am extremely thankful and blessed that he's been given this opportunity.

No comments: