The guy finally showed up and the boys were off. Ian decided he wanted to take his scooter. I was planning on sorting through some of Ian's old toys to sell in a yard sale this Saturday (this after an argument with Ian about how he didn't want to play with his toys because they weren't fun. I'll show him -- I'll sell 'em all!!) Needless to say it was one of those nights where I couldn't stand the sound of my own voice. Remember this? Well, it doesn't take long for me to forget my resolutions - unfortunately!
Ian and Trevor were only gone for a few minutes when all of sudden I heard intense crying that will alarm any mother's heart. At first I thought it was Jenna, but then realized she was fast asleep. Then I heard it coming from the front door. When I opened the door Ian was standing there screaming with his hands over his face and blood everywhere. Apparently, he was going too fast on his scooter down a hill when he flew off and his face bounced off the pavement. At first I panicked, then I set into mommy mode and started tenderly cleaning him up. Of course, once I got all of the blood cleaned up the wounds weren't as bad as they seemed. He has what you see above along with some scrapes on his knees and chest. He also banged up one of his front teeth and gums pretty good. His tooth was a little loose, but it may settle in. If not, oh well - they're just baby teeth anyway.
After we got Ian to bed it dawned on me how quickly my attitude towards him changed in the course of events. I was extremely irritated with him and really annoyed! Then he gets hurt and I couldn't give him enough lovin'! I guess a little perspective is good for the soul. He's still my little boy and no matter how much he drives me nuts sometimes I still love the kid unconditionally!
PS - Right after we got him cleaned up he decided he wanted to go back outside on his scooter. We were glad that he decided to get "back on the horse" so quickly. He's pretty resilient.
2 comments:
Oh no! Poor guy! I'm so glad he was ready to go back out and try it again!
Childhood left me with quite a few battle scars...I'm glad he's OK and got right back out there again!
Post a Comment