Thursday, April 17, 2008

get to know you quiz...

From Laura at Laura's Front Porch.

Let’s play tag-if you have a blog, TAG you’re it! Copy and Paste your answers to these questions onto your blog!

Four Things about Me

A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER: Church, the library, the grocery store, Target.

B) FOUR PEOPLE WHO ENCOURAGED MY FAITH ALONG THE WAY: My high school youth leaders, my husband, my girlfriends, my sister-in-law (ok - two of those are groups of people, I couldn't really narrow it down, I've been fortunate to have so many people encourage me)

C) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS: cheese, shellfish, pasta, cookies.

D) FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW: Hawaii, shopping, with friends, on vacation. (Can I do all of that in Hawaii?)

E) FOUR MOVIES I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER: Grosse Point Blank, Ocean's 11, Say Anything, BBC's Pride and Prejudice (I'm with you on that one Laura!)

F)FOUR THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE ORTHODOX CHURCH: Ok, so I'm not Orthodox and I almost decided not to do this just because of this question, but then I figured why not - I live with someone who wants to be Orthodox and I hang out a couple times a month at the Orthodox church - I can answer this as an outsider. First off I want to say if you had asked me this question a year or two ago I would've said "nothing", but after going twice a month since November I think I can come up with a few answers.
  1. They know how to fellowship around food. I've never been in a church that eats together as much as they do. It was the first thing that impressed me the most. You go to church then you go downstairs and eat together. It's how it should be.
  2. They take the spiritual disciplines seriously. VERY seriously.
  3. They have a passion for Pascha (Easter). Who else goes to church at 10:30 at night and stays until 4am to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior? (With serious food and beverage to follow, of course.)
  4. They are in tune to the spiritual world around them and aren't bound by this physical earth.
I'm still not any closer to converting, but I've come to appreciate and understand them a little better (I think).

G) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE HOBBIES: hanging out with friends (is that a hobby?), shopping, scrapbooking, being outside in nice weather (it can be anything from a picnic, to the pool to the playground with my kids)

1 comment:

Laura said...

hmm...maybe we should send the boys out somewhere while the girls stay in and watch P & P!