Monday, April 21, 2008

Technology

Apparently, we have gremlins in our house. This weekend our wireless router went on vacation, our DVD player broke and the tape that we've been using in our VCR to tape shows decided to act goofy (at least I hope it was just the tape and not the VCR). We tried to tape some shows for Ian and the sound from the show that we previously taped was still there with the picture from Ian's shows - very bizarre. But, we have been using that tape for the last several years (and we tape stuff a few times a week) so I'm not terribly surprised.

So, last night we went to Costco to get a new DVD player. The cost of technology always makes me laugh. Trevor got me the original DVD player 6 years ago for my birthday and it cost $150. The DVD player we bought last night was $45 and it is a considerably better player. It plays CDs and MP3s and you can also view JPGs on it. So last night we put a CD in filled with pictures from the first 2 years of Ian's life and viewed all of the pics on our TV. It was a pretty cool trip down memory lane.

Fortunately, the wireless router is owned by Trevor's work so he just needs to return it to them and they'll work on getting us a new one. I'm hoping that the problem with the VCR was just the tape - I never thought that it was anything but the tape before now. If it's the VCR I'll be upset because we could've gotten a DVD player and VCR combo. Oh, well.

UPDATE: It turns out the VCR is broken too. I tried to record something on a new tape and it recorded the visual, but not the sound. It looks like we're taking back the new DVD player and getting a DVD/VCR combo unit.

1 comment:

abuian said...

Personally, I think it's God trying to tell us that we should turn some stuff off and go to church more for Holy Week :-)