Friday, February 8, 2008

Really bad hairut


My piece of advice for today - don't give your son a haircut when you're in a rush! Trevor plugged the clippers in to get them charged while I rushed around with the baby and getting everything set up to give Ian a haircut. Trevor was holding the baby when I grabbed the clippers and took a big long swipe right down the middle of Ian's head. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that there wasn't an attachment on the clippers. I almost threw up when I realized what happened! I really didn't want our son to be bald, but now he has a big bald stripe in the center of his head!! I couldn't go on - I was paralyzed with gut wrenching frustration. If I continued on without an attachment he would be completely bald. Not only that, but he would probably get his head scratched up pretty good from the direct contact with the razor (the first swipe already left some nicks and scratches.) So I decided to use the shortest attachment that we have to finish up the job. It looks horrible! I really don't know what to do though. Ian absolutely hates getting his hair cut, it's a pain to get him to sit through one every few months. So - let me know - what would you do? Leave it the way it is or take him to a barber to have them "fix" it? Please vote on the right hand side of my blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my!! Good thing the hair will grow back! I would just have him wear hats for a while.

Laura said...

That will grow out within the week probably and then you can even it up. Ian is too young to know the difference at this point!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable. Get a razor blade and some shaving cream and complete the job! Then let him wears hats for the next week or two

Myrna Gold said...

You know, Britney Spears shaved her head and she's doing fine. :-| How about extensions?

Amber Mc said...

Hey Julie! You're in really good company! :)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/2008/02/through_the_telephoto_lens.html

Julie said...

I hadn't checked the Pioneer Woman's blog today - thanks for the heads up Amber! That's too funny!! Makes me feel better too.

Anonymous said...

Just let it grow out on top enough so you can even it up without shaving him. A short buzz is in. Just keep a hat on him so he doesn't get cold. One of the stories you can tell his girlfriends.