Friday, January 4, 2008
Humidifier
I spent a lot of time last night being extremely thankful for cool mist humidifiers. Like I said in my last post both Jenna and I have bad colds. They only seem to be getting worse. The forced hot air in our home is just making things worse. Yesterday my sinuses were killing me and I was cursing the heater every time it came on and proceeded to blow warm air into my sinus cavity. Then the thought occurred to me - why don't I get out our 2 humidifiers?! I set one up in the living room next to the recliner where I sat and breathed in the wonderfully cool, moist air and found blessed relief! I put the other one next to Jenna's bed. (I of course moved mine into our room when I went to bed.) We both slept wonderfully last night - for the first time in a few nights!! She only got up once around 4am - instead of every 2-3 hours. I have no idea why it didn't occur to me before to get them out. Anyway... during this cold and flu season I HIGHLY recommend getting one if you don't already have one. I know some people say that they're germ factories, but if you keep them cleaned out with a fresh filter they should be fine. For us it makes all the difference for a good night's sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
those things really are Godsends!
Post a Comment