We're starting 2008 out with a bang! Jenna has come down with her first full-fledged cold and I'm in the middle of one. I was going to go to bed early last night, but then Trevor talked me into watching 4 episodes of Veronica Mars. (We get the DVDs from the library and they're due back tomorrow. ) So, my head hit the pillow at 11:52pm. I know, I know... why didn't I just stay up until midnight?! Well, mostly because the ringing in of the New Year doesn't mean as much to me as it used to. I guess I'm getting to be an old coot! Those few extra minutes of sleep proved to be useful because after that I was up every 2-3 hours with Jenna. Today has been pretty rough for her. After being up for a few miserable hours this morning I gave her a bath and then I guess all of that wore her out so she took a 4 hour nap. When she got up around 2pm she was still pretty miserable. I put her down an hour ago and she seems to be drifting in and out of sleep, waking up to sneeze or cough and cry. Every time I think I should go rescue her she falls back asleep. Poor baby!! As an adult I've had so many colds in my lifetime I know what to expect. She's probably wondering what this horrible foreign thing is that's invading her little body. I'm pretty grateful that overall she's a healthy baby. My prayers go out to the moms who have critically ill children. As a mom I just want to make it all better. In Jenna's case she will most likely be better in a couple of days, but for many it may be months or years or they may never get well.
As I look at the calendar I'm dreading the next few winter months. I'm hoping it's another mild winter here in Maryland. Now that the holidays are over January through March loom ahead with the cool temperatures and the possibility of snow. Ugh! At least here in Maryland we typically have fairly mild temperatures. It looks like the next few days will be in the 30's, but after that it should be back into the 50's. I can handle the 50's.
I need to focus my energy over the next few months preparing for our move. The last we spoke to the builders the house will be done in April, but we haven't talked to them about it in a couple of months. My guess is that it probably won't be done until May at the earliest. I have a lot of de-cluttering to do. I'll probably be posting a bunch of stuff on freecycle and Craig's List over the next couple of months. I guess that's what the New Year is for - getting organized! At least this year I have an end goal in sight.
My New Year's resolution is to get a primary care doctor. We haven't needed one for insurance purposes for the last several years. Every once in awhile something comes up where it would be good to have one, but in the midst of the crisis (gall bladder, the flu etc...) it always seems to work out ok without one. Well... now I have this funky thing going on with a vein in one of my hands and I should really get it looked at. It could just be some sort of varicose vein or it may be a blood clot. But, everyone that I show it to says I should get it checked out - it's kind of freaky looking.
How about you? Do you have any New Year's resolutions? I figure I'll leave mine at one - finding a doctor. It seems like this is one that I can actually keep!
No comments:
Post a Comment