A few weeks ago Ian grabbed the fitted crib sheet that you see him holding and began running around the house pretending that he was Superman. It's actually a very good cape. Because it's fitted it kind of billows behind him as he's running. A few days ago I bought a bag of 4T clothes from someone on Craig's List and included in the bag was this Superman shirt. He first saw it last night in the laundry basket of clean clothes. He just about jumped out of his skin he was so excited! Unfortunately, he found it about 15 minutes before he had to go to church with Trevor and since we don't really want him wearing it to church he had to wait until he got home to put it on. As soon as he got home he came running into the house asking me if he could put it on. It's been a really long time since I've seen him so thrilled about something. He was grinning from ear to ear. After he had it on for a few minutes he ran to the linen closet and pulled out the sheet. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those shirts that he will want to wear all the time and we'll have to peel it from his body to wash it. It looks like it's already been well loved by the previous owner so I'm not sure how long it will last. Trevor said he had a shirt like that when he was a kid - it apparently had a picture of a wild cat on it. Is this a boy thing? Because I don't remember doing anything like that.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Superboy
A few weeks ago Ian grabbed the fitted crib sheet that you see him holding and began running around the house pretending that he was Superman. It's actually a very good cape. Because it's fitted it kind of billows behind him as he's running. A few days ago I bought a bag of 4T clothes from someone on Craig's List and included in the bag was this Superman shirt. He first saw it last night in the laundry basket of clean clothes. He just about jumped out of his skin he was so excited! Unfortunately, he found it about 15 minutes before he had to go to church with Trevor and since we don't really want him wearing it to church he had to wait until he got home to put it on. As soon as he got home he came running into the house asking me if he could put it on. It's been a really long time since I've seen him so thrilled about something. He was grinning from ear to ear. After he had it on for a few minutes he ran to the linen closet and pulled out the sheet. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those shirts that he will want to wear all the time and we'll have to peel it from his body to wash it. It looks like it's already been well loved by the previous owner so I'm not sure how long it will last. Trevor said he had a shirt like that when he was a kid - it apparently had a picture of a wild cat on it. Is this a boy thing? Because I don't remember doing anything like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment