Thursday, September 27, 2007

Personal Space

I am a woman who likes her personal space! My friends will tell you that I'm not a "huggy" person. If it's a particularly happy or sad occasion I will lovingly give out and accepts hugs, but it has to be something really big. Just the other day my friend, Andrea (who also enjoys her personal space) and I hugged a great, big, huge hug because we were both so happy that Trevor and I are buying a house in the area and plan on staying. But, again that's a very special occasion. Neither one of us dishes out hugs for just anything.

I'm finding that my personal space is getting very crowded now that I have two kids. I enjoy the one on one physical contact, but what's really driving me mad is when I'm nursing or just holding Jenna and Ian has to climb up on me to either snuggle with me or try to kiss and hug the baby. One day I will look back and crave the days when Ian demanded a "snuggle" because it won't be long now before he decides that he has his own personal space that he won't let me enter.

No comments: