I have this blog post lurking over my head. I know that I need to post pictures and write a post about my trip to San Diego to see Mary Jo. But, here's the thing... I already posted the pictures on Facebook with captions and everything and I think almost all of you are now on Facebook so I'm being extra lazy about putting a blog post together. But, I will do it. I promise - for posterity sake, I will put up a blog post with pictures! It was an awesome trip! We stayed up way too late, saw all kinds of awesome sights, talked about anything and everything, screamed our lungs out on roller coasters and generally had an awesome time!
Tomorrow morning we leave for South Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with Trevor's parents and grandparents. The car is packed and after we attend to a few last minute details we'll toss the kids into the car at 5am and head out! Some of you may ask, "Why in the world would you leave so early?" I'm guessing those of you who are asking that question do not live in the greater Baltimore/DC/Northern Virginia area. The ABSOLUTE worst travel days of the year are the day before Thanksgiving and the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Christmas doesn't have anything on Thanksgiving for travel woes. I have my theories on why this is. 1) Not everyone celebrates Christmas. 2) Most people get the day after turkey day off making it a 4 day weekend. If they don't get it off, they take it off. And last, but not least... 3) There are too many stinking transient, transplants in the greater Baltimore/DC/Northern Virginia area. So, for the hope of avoiding traffic in Northern Virginia (which is generally bad no matter when you're there) we are waking our kids up at 5am and throwing them in the car. The DVD player will be hooked up, the snacks, toys and books will be packed and we will drive like the wind in hopes of avoiding the dreaded Thanksgiving traffic. (Well, since Trevor refuses to drive 1 mile over the speed limit we will most likely be driving like a calm breeze. When it's my turn to drive we'll drive like the wind. Yeah, that's not going to happen either. I hate driving. So, a calm breeze it is.)
I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving! Don't eat too much and don't get trampled at the Black Friday sales. More importantly enjoy the time you get to spend with family and friends!
I'm going to bed now! 4:30am is going to come much too quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment