Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 17

Wow!! I really hoped that I would be back to my normal self by now. No such luck. I still have sore spots in my throat and my jaw, while better, still won't open all the way.

Yesterday, I drove an hour to my friend Gaileen's house so that I could see our mutual friend, Michele, who was staying with her for a couple of days. I was hoping to stay for several hours, but as the day wore on I could really feel myself declining. So, I left around 5:30. I was extremely disappointed to cut the visit short, but felt that if I stayed any longer it would be really hard for me to drive the hour home. To say I was disappointed is a major understatement. I sobbed when I left, on the way home and after I got home. Of course, crying does nothing but make things worse so I was a wreck by 9pm. This morning I stayed home from church so that I could try to recuperate some more. It seems to be helping because I'm feeling better as the day goes on.

Another problem that I'm having, that I hope I'll get over soon, is that food tastes "off" to me. The worst is chocolate. For some reason chocolate tastes bitter and I can't stand it right now. I'm hoping that my taste buds will recover eventually. I know the back of my tongue is probably really battle worn right now. I can't stick my tongue out far enough to give it a good scrubbing with my toothbrush. I hope it goes back to normal because chocolate is one of my favorite foods!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi, Julie...sorry you can't taste chocolate. Hopefully once all the swelling goes down and you can get that good scrubbing in, things will improve. We'll keep praying for you!