Monday, August 24, 2009

Boys vs. Girls

It never ceases to amaze me how innately boys and girls are different from birth. As a very wee one Ian was instinctively drawn to anything with wheels. I remember him sitting on Opa's lap looking at a fishing magazine and pointing out every wheel to be seen. This was probably when he was around 18 months old. Jenna on the other hand is drawn to babies. Sure, she'll play with cars, mostly because she she's Ian doing it, but the thing that really draws her attention are babies. She must point out every single baby in every single picture, advertisement etc... Look out if she sees a real live one when we're out and about! "Baby, baby, baby!", she says as she points and shouts cheerfully until I acknowledge that "yes, that IS a baby" and "my oh my how cute!" Forget the fact that most of the children she is pointing out are probably her age or just a bit younger then her.

The other thing that Jenna has been drawn to since she could sit up on her own, that Ian could care less about, are shoes and clothes. At first I just thought that she liked to have shoes on, but as she's grown it's become extremely obvious that she has a penchant for both clothes and shoes. If we are anywhere near the shoe aisle at Target she must try on shoes. She immediately grabs her feet and tries to rip the existing pair of shoes off. Recently she has become more obsessed with the clothes that she wears. If she doesn't like what I've picked out she will go to the closet and pick out her own clothes. Far and away her favorite shirt at this time is her Elmo shirt. Almost every day as I get her clothes out she asks for "Elmo". Most days I have to tell her it's dirty. But, not today. She was thrilled to put it on and happy to pose for the camera so that I could show you her shirt.

And check out the back - isn't it the cutest?!!

No comments: