Ian has a friend at school that likes to tell stories. BIG stories. Some would call them lies, others would call it a big imagination. I'm not sure what to call it, but I know I'm getting sick of it. The first time I heard one of Jordan's stories from Ian's mouth I thought it was cute, but was a little sad for Ian because I knew it wouldn't come true. Jordan told him that he is a Jedi Knight and that he was going to pick Ian up at 7:30pm in his spaceship and take him to Star Wars. Not the movie, but the place in outerspace. 7:30pm came and went and no Jordan. Surprisingly, Ian didn't seem terribly disappointed.
In the last few months the stories have kept coming. No matter how hard we try to reason with Ian he just refuses to believe that Jordan is telling stories. He believes him 100%. Last night when I asked Ian why he believes Jordan he said "if I didn't believe him then I wouldn't like him." Wow!! That's some incredible insight from a 5 year old! I'll let you chew on that for a little while!
1 comment:
There are some adults about whom I could say the same thing!
Post a Comment