They have some terrific indoor exhibits. Jenna kept calling the wolves "doggie".
This is a great action shot depicting how Jenna spent most of her time - getting up and down from the step stools.
Ian enjoyed looking through the binoculars. Most of the water fowl have not returned yet, but there were some ducks and a few other birds.
At the end of our visit we took the 35 minute tram tour. I learned a lot and I think the kids had a great time. The highlight was seeing a great blue heron up close. He was on a pond as we were driving by and was actually very close to the path. We were able to stop and observe him for quite some time.
I can't believe we've only visited this wonderful gem a handful of times in the 13 years that we've lived here. We used to live right around the corner from it too! Every time we go I say "we really need to come back here more often". I hope to make it a regular on our Spring/Summer things to do list.
No comments:
Post a Comment