Well, we finally did it. We sold the rest of Ian's Thomas the Train stuff on Craig's List. We've been toying with the idea for the past year. He hasn't played with it much at all in that time. You'll probably remember that we got it out right after Christmas with the intention of selling it. But, then he started playing with it again so I put it away. Well... a few days ago he decided that he wanted to sell it (completely his idea) because there's a new Bakugan toy that he wants. So, I finally took pictures of it all and posted it on Craig's List.
This morning I went to the library to meet up with the woman that bought it all. She has 3 young boys and I'm sure they will enjoy it. As I was handing over the last bag I was feeling bittersweet. I'm happy to be getting rid of toys that Ian's lost interest in, but I'm also sad. On the way home I couldn't help getting a little choked up. It's the end of an era for my little guy. Thomas is such an innocent toy. He's moving on to things like Star Wars and Transformers and Bakugan. Thomas doesn't fight with swords or light sabres or guns. But, as Trevor reminded me there was always a lot of crashing going on. Thomas consumed our lives for a few years there, but now it's all gone. I sold my son's innocence for $60 on Craig's List.
1 comment:
I totally identify with this! We haven't sold all of our stuff yet, but they definitely play very rarely with Thomas. Sure, there are crashes, but usually it's an accident, not an intentional fight. I'm crying right along with you for the lost innocence. Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
Post a Comment