Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Wheezer

I spent the day at Chuck E. Cheese and the ER - how did you spend your President's Day? In the morning I took Ian to Chuck's and hit Aldi afterwards. When I got home Jenna's cold was progressing so I called the doctor. They sent us to the ER because she was wheezing. It turns out she has something called bronchiolitis and an ear infection. They gave her a breathing treatment, took chest X-rays and suctioned out her snot while we were there. They sent us home with a nebulizer for more breathing treatments and an antibiotic. I was a bit concerned with how she would handle the breathing treatments. At the hospital she didn't care too much for it. But, as you can see she's doing just fine! This first picture was from last night. Look at those sick eyes! :(

And this one is from this morning. She's clearly comfortable with her mask now!

She's sleeping great, eating well and playing well. I think she'll knock this thing out in the next day or two!

PS - The nurses at the hospital gave her the nickname "Happy Wheezer" because her dispostion was so great even though she was clearly very sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor little girlie! I'm glad she's feeling better now.