- I do NOT like to be touched. I have a very wide personal space.
- My left knee acts like a barometer. I injured it in high school and every once in awhile it really starts to stiffen up and when it does it usually indicates bad weather's a comin'.
- My ring finger on my right hand is much shorter than normal. Ask me about it sometime and I'll show you.
- I swam competitively (I'm using that word loosely) for 4 years from 7th-10th grade - mostly backstroke and freestyle.
- I played the flute from 4th grade to 12th grade. I also played piccolo for a couple of years.
- I was on the track and field team for one year. I threw shot put and discus.
- The furthest I've been from home is Hawaii. I went for 10 days with my friend Michele and we stayed with a good friend of mine while we were there.
- I love to shop and find a good bargain.
- I hate politics.
- John Cusack is my favorite actor of all time. I can't count the number of times I've watched Grosse Point Blank.
- I detest snow.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I spend way too much time online.
- I'm a horrible procrastinator.
- Saturday is my one day of the week to sleep in. Sometimes I sleep as late as 7:45 or 8:00 even.
- I have LOTS of great friends. I'm incredibly blessed!
- When I was a preschooler I locked my mom in the basement and thought it was funny.
- When I was a preschooler I got lost in Bar Harbor, Maine. That wasn't so funny.
- I won a hand held mixer in a raffle at my mom's company picnic when I was in elementary school. Woo.Hoo.
- I recently won an iPod shuffle in a raffle for the opening of a children's clothing store. I was much more excited about this one. However, I've only used it once.
- I love Lost and The Office.
- Cole slaw makes me gag!
- I'm afraid of rats. It's a long story involving an ex-boyfriend. Ugh! Mice aren't much better.
- My water broke spontaneously with both of my pregnancies. Luckily - not in a public place! Once at home and once in the car.
- I sat on a jury for 2 days for a drug case. We deliberated ON MY BIRTHDAY! :( I didn't get paid leave from work! :( The guy was obviously guilty. Imagine my surprise when (ON MY BIRTHDAY) we went to deliberations and only me and one other guy voted guilty. It was 3pm, a date at The Cheesecake Factory was calling my name, I wasn't about to stay for another day to use up even more vacation time and it was ON MY BIRTHDAY. So, I went on a rampage to convince everyone else of his guilt. The other guy helped every once in awhile. I was shocked by the incompetence of my fellow jurors. One guy fell asleep several times during the trial and one ladies reason for finding him innocent was because she "felt bad for the young man and didn't want to see him go to jail". Oh, sure she thought he was guilty - she just wanted to give him a second chance. Anyway... it took just over an hour to sway the rest of the jury. It was one of the more interesting experiences of my life.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
25 Random Things About Me
This was something that I was "tagged" to do on Facebook. I figured I would share it here as well for those of you who aren't yet socially networked. I changed the last one because originally it referenced me tagging Trevor and I later wished that I had included the jury story so I'm including it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Instills a lot of confidence in our justice system. Why have a jury of several peers, when all you need is one who's grumpy and determined?
Post a Comment