Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Boys' Day Out

Have I mentioned that I have an amazing hubby? Well, he is. A month ago he asked me if Ian had any days off coming up. He said that he wanted to take Ian on the MARC commuter train into DC and would take a day off from work to do it. I looked at the calendar and saw that he had November 3rd and 4th off. Two days in a row - yesterday was a teacher's work day and today they have off for the election (since most of the polling places are held in schools). So, Trevor decided to take today off. He figured it would be nice to combine it with the election so that it would be easier for him to vote.

So, the boys are in DC today. Ian was absolutely thrilled when we told him that he would be able to ride on a train and spend the day with daddy. They're planning on going to the Natural History Museum to see the giant elephant and the dinosaur bones. If they have time they'll also go to the Air and Space Museum.

It brings great joy to my heart knowing that Ian and Trevor are spending the day together today. Not only do I get a little quiet time at home, but more importantly my boys get to have a little male bonding. When Ian woke up this morning his eyes were wide with excitement. He came into my room and said "mommy - did you know that daddy and I are going to have a very special day together? It's going to be so much fun!" I'm sure he will remember this day for a long time to come.

Oh and here's a picture that Trevor sent from his Blackberry already this morning.


No comments: