Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Only A Few More Days

We've made a lot of progress in a week. We settled on the house last Wednesday and now everything (except the master bedroom and bathroom) is painted. I couldn't decide on the colors for either so I decided to wait until after we move in. Here are a few pictures of the downstairs. I'll post pictures of Ian's and Jenna's rooms later after I take some. Their curtains are hung and Jenna's crib is even set up already.



For the last few days I've been taking a few boxes over each time I drop Ian off for school. Since the kitchen is always the hardest for me to unpack I'm thrilled to be doing it a little at a time. This afternoon I packed up several boxes and was able to unload them only a couple hours later at the new house. Trevor has put all of his books on the shelves so the condo is emptying out rather quickly. The next two days I'm going to focus on getting everything else in boxes and ready to go! It's going to be a big marathon packing session. Trevor has Thursday and Friday off so we should be able to really get it all done! I can't wait until we spend our first night in the new house!

On a separate note - I got a call from the State's Attorney's office in regards to the case for the hit and run that I was involved in a few months back. The case is supposed to be Tuesday afternoon at 1:30. I've known this for over a month. It turns out they're pretty sure the defendant isn't going to show up. They mailed his subpoena twice and both times it came back undeliverable. So, I basically have to be "on call" from 1:30-5:00. If he shows up for some strange reason they'll call me and I have to come right over to the courthouse. I can't see how he could show up - if he hasn't opened the subpoena how would he know when the court date is? So, it looks like this is going to be dragged out even more. Oh, well. I haven't fretted one moment about the court case. I'm sure it will work out in the end. It just may be more of a hassle then anything as they keep rescheduling court dates.

1 comment:

Laura said...

It all looks really pretty!!