Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stranger Things Have Happened

I think Ian is actually maturing a little bit. The other day he got into his head that he wanted sidewalk chalk so that he could play hopscotch. This after watching a Clifford show and seeing the kids on the show playing hopscotch. I was totally fine with buying him sidewalk chalk, but I told him we couldn't get it until the next day. That evening we had plans to go check out a stroller that was posted on Craig's List so it just wasn't feasible to run out to Target to get sidewalk chalk. Unfortunately, once Ian gets an idea into his head he can't let it go. The kid has no patience.

We all ended up walking over to the ladies house that was selling the stroller since it was only a few minutes away. It was a beautiful evening with very low humidity. He did ok on the way there, but afterwards as we were heading to the park he started whining about wanting the chalk. Even after we got to the park he continued to whine. I told him in no uncertain terms that we were not going to go tonight to get the chalk - he would have to wait. After awhile he decided to head off to the swings. Several minutes later he walked back over to me and out of the blue said "mommy - I'm sorry." "Sorry for what," I asked? "I'm sorry that I disappointed you when I kept asking for the sidewalk chalk." I forgave him and then asked him when he had that thought. He said, "when I was swinging. I was thinking about how disappointed I made you." Awwww! You could probably hear my jaw hit the ground in the next county over. I'm so proud of my boy. He's actually starting to think of people other than himself! I'm hoping this is just one step towards maturity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that is so awesome. Congrats on your parenting skills.