Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nurse's Office

I had my very first call from the nurse's office today. I'm sure it will not be my last, I'm just surprised I got a call so soon. Ian was in gym class today when he fell on his face and banged up some of his teeth pretty badly. He now has bruised gums and his front tooth is loose. The nurse said there was a lot of blood as is the case with most head injuries. She said that Ian was trying to be brave, but was having a hard time holding it together so she suggested that I come in.

I'm astonished by the timing of the whole thing. My friend Debby (thanks Debby you rock!) was here watching Jenna so that I could run errands. I was pulling up to the gas pump at Costco, which was my last official errand, when the nurse called. I was able to pump gas really quick and head on over to the school without having to worry about Jenna or anything. I thank God for this small blessing that He bestowed upon me in the middle of this crazy week. Did you hear the one about the car battery dying while I was waiting in the carpool line to pick Ian up on Monday? It wasn't pretty.

When I got to the school there he was looking all pitiful and sad - ready for a great big hug, kisses and snuggles from his mommy. My role as "the comforter" is secure - for now at least.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Aww...poor kid. I hope he's feeling better soon and that there are no long term bad effects from the loose teeth. At least they are his "baby" teeth and not the permanent ones.

God does take care of us when we least expect it, doesn't he?