Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good Deal

I love to get a good deal - obviously. Hello - Craig's List, Freecycle etc... Today I made a run to the thrift store to drop off a bag of "stuff" and to get some long sleeve shirts for Ian for school. After donating the "stuff" we headed straight for the toy section. Before we left the house Ian said that he wanted to get a toy. I said "ok if you want a toy then you have to pick one big toy to get rid of". The last thing we need right now is more stuff cluttering up the house.

Anyway... back to the toy section. When we got there I saw a Legos Star Wars box on the floor. I immediately pointed it out to Ian. He said he wanted it and I figured there would be pieces missing. So, I went to open the box and realized it was completely sealed. This was a brand new set. Oh, baby. We're getting this, I thought. I've seen them in Target and I knew they were pretty pricey. It was marked $2.92. It's this set. Was I shocked when I found it online for $30!

I also found 7 nice long sleeve shirts and 2 Fall outfits for Jenna. We got everything for $13. When I was at the mall yesterday I almost bought one long sleeve shirt for $10 and then I thought to myself - I should check the thrift store first. We truly hit the mother load today!

No comments: