Sunday, June 8, 2008

We're Home

I'm happy to report that we had a wonderful week on vacation! I didn't take a huge amount of pictures, but I'll share a few with you here. (Warning: You're going to see a lot of pictures with Ian. Jenna napped a lot so she didn't get to go on as many excursions.)


We loved the jacuzzi! Ian got to take 2 baths in it while we were there.


We had beautiful weather to cruise along on Skyline Drive.

At one point we even saw a black bear on our drive! Ian's comment was "now I've seen 2 bears." When I asked him where he saw the other one he said "the zoo." Not quite the same!

That same day we went to Luray Caverns. Ian loved it and his eyes were wide the whole time! Daddy and Jenna didn't go into the caverns because she was still sleeping when we got there. It ended up being a good thing that she didn't go. The tour was well over an hour and she got hungry during that time so daddy fed her dinner.

My favorite part of the tour are the "fried eggs". I remember them when we went there when I was a kid as well as when Trevor and I went there on our honeymoon.

Wait! Here's one of Jenna. Oh, you can't see her very well. Sorry! This is right outside of Luray Caverns. The view is awesome!

Ian and I also went on the chairlift at the resort. Ian had a blast, but my heart was in my throat most of the time as I envisioned him slipping through and falling to the ground below.

The view was incredible even if it was a bit cloudy. When we were at the top the clouds were rolling past a mere 10 feet above our heads.

Now, here's a picture of Jenna at the indoor/outdoor waterpark. Isn't she sweet?!
We had a blast at the waterpark, but this is the only picture I took. I didn't want the camera to get wet and there were buckets of water being dumped everywhere! So, on our way out I bought some postcards instead.

We took Ian on the electric go-karts. First he went with daddy.

Then with mommy.

And finally - Jenna getting some zerberts from daddy at the condo. The accommodations were wonderful once again this year. We were right off of the golf course so Ian got to watch people play golf while we sat on the balcony.

We arrived home Saturday morning around 11:30am. We got an early start and it only takes 3 hours to get home. Thankfully the car was fixed while we were away and we were able to pick it up yesterday. (I was thrilled to death that they not only cleaned the outside of the car, but the inside as well! I was thinking that I really needed to give the car a good internal cleaning, but now that the weather is extraordinarily hot I was really dreading it. What a blessing to find out that they cleaned the inside - every nook and cranny!) The rental was covered by the insurance company for the entire week, we'll just have to pay for the weekend. For Trevor's take on the vacation you can read his blog entry here.

It's good to be home!

No comments: