Apparently the world is your oyster when you're 5. Now that Ian is 5 he's willing to do and try all kinds of new things. Here's what we've discovered so far (we'll start with the obvious):
1. He got rid of his "pants".
2. He no longer sucks his thumb.
3. He now eats hot dogs with a roll.
4. He no longer uses sippy cups.
5. He's willing to try "new" foods at least once (when he finds one he likes he says "I... I... I... like it!)
6. He now has a digital clock in his room and is allowed to get up on his own when the first number is a 7 in the morning or a 4 after naptime.
7. He can now swing by himself by pumping his legs.
I think it's great that he believes that being 5 means he's a big boy. We've been kind of drilling it into his head over the last few months, trying to get him ready for kindergarten and all. I guess it's paying off!
No comments:
Post a Comment